"These polymers are designed and produced for the printing industry and are meant to carry and transfer ink. Which is why they stamp so well. The stamps from Asia are cheap, inferior and produced from vinyl or silicone based materials but are not used in any other industry for the transfer of ink. Simply, they are produced to be clear but not to provide a sharp quality impression. You will see that ink beads up on these fake stamps and imprints in an uneven and mottled manner."
I have used the inferior stamps and did not like the poor quality they produced, so I swore I would never use clear stamps again. But if this new material is better and produces a high quality image, I will go clear.
- They're entirely transparent for perfect placement every time!
- Can you say sticky? (Don't worry; in a good way.) These stamps stick amazingly well to our clear blocks.
- They're age tested. They won't yellow or cloud up over time.
Here is the new PhotoPolymer stamp set.
132956 Designer Typeset Photopolymer Stamp Set $13.95US
Recommended clear blocks A, B, G, F, and I. Purchase separately. Includes 57 pieces. (Don't faint! This is a good overwhelming feeling.)
Here's an excerpt from the Stampin' Up! Blog:
"Second, they are pliable. Want your arrow to shoot a certain way? No problem! Want your banner to have the perfect sag? Easy peasy! Being able to play with the shape gives you even more creative freedom."
To read more from Stampin' Up!'s blog post click here.
Here is a fun video Stampin' Up! made to introduce this new type of stamp.
Here are a few more things about this new type of stamp:
- Photopolymer stamps will be offered on a trial basis. Based on popularity, we hope to release more over the coming months. At this time we don't plan on offering a line of photopolymer sets as expansive as our wood-mount and clear-mount lines.This also means that when they run out of this set they may not get more, so get yours today!
- Available on all order types beginning March 1, 2013.
- Not available in wood-mount or clear-mount.
- All photopolymer will be packaged in cello bag w/insert, but don't forget you can store them in our clear cases.
Thank you for stopping by. Remember stamping is cheaper than therapy and more fun too!